These mini pizzagna cups are great! It took me under 30 minutes to make them. 15 minutes to assemble everything and cook the sauce with sausage and while I was cooking the sausage I got everything else ready. The cupcake pan with egg roll wrappers, and ricotta cheese mixture. Pop them in the oven for 12 minutes and you’ll have dinner ready in no time. Have you ever made a whole pan of lasagna before? What a pain! Too many dishes, plus there’s so many leftovers you’ll be eating lasagna for weeks. This is a good way tooscale down a lasagna recipe if you’re single like me.
I was figuring out nutrition info for lasagna using myfitnesspal and you couldn’t believe how many calories is in a regular slice of lasagna and that made it be like 15 bazillion smart points. These little lasagna cups are only 4 points each at 127 calories! I would have 2 and have a salad on the side. Enjoy!
If you’re single like me, these mini pizzagna cups sure beat making a whole entire sheet pan of lasagna.
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casing removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
- 24 2-inch won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Â½ cup of low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 12 mini turkey pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 12-cup standard muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Add Italian sausage to pan and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and stir in marinara sauce.
- Add cottage cheese, and the parmesan cheese to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Fit wonton wrappers into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon cottage cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon marinara and sausage sauce and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.